Wounded Chindit

Wounded Chindit

Monday 22 May 2017

varnishing - my way forward.

Thank you to all that helped me with my last post on greying when varnishing.  I decided to go down the route of brushing on the varnish and on Thursday my wife bought a  250 ml bottle of Windsor and Newton's Galleria Matt varnish from Amazon prime for under £10. And it was delivered Friday.
On Saturday night I tried it on one of the figures that I part repainted and yesterday  I had a look at the result and was very happy with it.
I have now hand varnished all 20 figures and just need to finish the bases off, though it's unlikely to be this coming week or next weekend.

Anyway I'm feeling a lot more motivated now and looking forward to finishing these Frostgrave Gnolls off.  

Here's the 1st of the batch - just need to but some grass etc on the base.



Now just need to sort out the photography side so you can see the shading etc.
Anyway thanks again. 

4 comments:

  1. So pleased that you sorted out the varnishing woes, it must be so soul destroying seeing that happen to your hard work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All looks good stuff far. I hope it has sorted it out. I was getting really demotivated of late.
      thanks Michael.

      Delete
  2. Looks good dude. I always hand varnish as well. Just make sure its nice and thin coats as I have had the odd occasion where it has pooled then greyed slightly after a few months.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Simon. Fortunately I found out about the thin coates on the first figure and was able to sort it out.

      Delete